Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Facebook Posts - Analytics Review

Now that I have enough likes to trigger Facebook Page Insights, I've noticed some interesting trends regarding myFacebook  posts.

1.  First off, clicks on my facebook posts remained pretty strong in the first four weeks, but my last post, which was a longer post that talked about a PLANT BASED diet, did not resonate and my clicks dropped way down, in fact all the way down to ZERO :-)  Previous posts were trending about 15 - 25 post clicks.  I think the lack of a snappy title, and some follower wear out, caused the clicks to go down.  Lesson learned:  Keep the titles snappy and the posts short.

2.  Second, the pictures accompanying the post need to be specific to the content topic.  My last post used a generic 'Manvolution' picture, and people were not interested.  My previous post "Pantry Raid" had a picture of my actual pantry, and a catchy title.  Same for the previous week's post showing a picture of me surfing a a charity event.  Lesson learned:   Use your own pictures and make sure they are directly related to the content topic.

3.  Engagement is still happening.  Since I don't have an actual business and I'm not calling prospects to action with an actual email offer or discount, I'm encouraged to see I'm still getting engagement - mostly likes and comments.  This tells me I need to keep updating my content regularly, as ongoing likes and other engagement activities will help my SEO results.  Lesson learned:    Keep issuing content, and include links to other topic leaders on Facebook to improve comments, likes and shares.

N.

No comments:

Post a Comment