Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Week 11 Likeable Social Media

Playing around with Facebook was a fun exercise.  I've seen my fiance have great success with Facebook advertising as a way to generate attendees to her special events (health and nutrition training seminars).

For my business idea (Manvolution), I'm going to focus on Facebook.  Their ability to segment and target your customer is unmatched by other SMN's.  To that effect, I created two sample ads, which are posted further below in this post.

Reasoning:  My target is family men ages 45+ who want to regain their mojo, lose some weight, and feel vibrant again.  Since I am in the personal health coach business, I will be targeting my immediate area (Encinitas).  The zip code I will pull from is 92024.  I will only target MEN, ages 45+, with families.  I will pull activities and interests that signal they have children (YMCA members or friends of local school facebook pages).

Timing:  My ads will focus on healthy eating during the holidays.  Ad one will offer a "Free Pantry Raid", where I will make a personal visit to the client's home to educate them on healthy shopping and meal planning.  Ad two will be email bait to capture the prospect's email.  This ad will offer a free guide on how to eat healthy during the holidays.

Budget:  I will spend $10 a day for 2 week periods - testing each ad offer to see which has a higher response rate.

Note:  My ads are simple - I didn't want to 'publish' my ads to my site so I have attached screen shots of the general concept.



Effectiveness:  I think these ads will be effective because they are hitting at the right time - the holidays.  I'm promoting offers that are compelling to my target during this holiday period.  My goal is to get either direct face time with potential customers, or their email so I can market to them directly.  These two ads pursue that goal.  Running each ad for two weeks and comparing which offer type is more effective will help me refine my advertising strategy as I go forward.  Limiting my budget to $10 a day for a two week window ensures I don't run over budget too quickly.

N.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nathan, I like your "Eat for the holidays guilt-free" ad. Getting potential customers emails would be huge. I think it would appeal to more people then the pantry one. I feel some people would not like someone looking through their pantry. (But maybe that is a girl thing.) My thoughts on other ads: Maybe after the holidays you can run an ad that guarantees results. You could say "if you follow my exercise and eating plan you will loose x lbs. a month". Another thought is you could offer free subscription to a calorie counter online. I know their are ones out there that are very cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Becky. The timing of this ad is great, but don't forget about after the holidays. January is by far the month I would push this the most. Although this program you envision is far more than a diet plan, January is the month people start New Year's resolutions, the most common of which is to lose weight. An ad campaign like "Forget the resolutions. Start a Manvolution!" would be great. I really like your conscientious social media IQ, Nathan. You have a great understanding of how all these social media pieces fit together.

    ReplyDelete