Sunday, October 20, 2013

Twitter Followers

My twitter following strategy was similar to my facebook 'likes.  I wante,d people who are leaders in the holistic health category.  I started by searching 'men's health', but that was too generic.  Then I searched 'nutrition'.  Still too generic. Then I searched 'vegetarian', and got some ideas, but these were magazines.  I wanted actual people.

So I ended up going back to my facebook likes, and mining for names that lined up with these categories.  I found several robust health and nutrition 'celebs'.  David Wolfe, Dr. Mercola, Andrew Weil.  It was important for me to get credible men who were advocates for healthy diet, and not just muscle heads who were focused on workouts and protien.

Finding the categories that work (for example the Institute for Integrative Health lines up with my philosophy and has excellent content), and then letting twitter provide other suggestions based on those categories was helpful for finding popular individual tweeters to follow.

Nate.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to follow industry leaders, but you'll be able to connect with actual customers here too, by searching things that your perfect customer would say. so if you're looking for vegetarians, searching for folks who check in to vegan/vegetarian restaurants would be a good place to start a search, and so forth.

    ReplyDelete